· Mucitelli vs. McGeary Moved To Light Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round
Additional Light Heavyweight Tournament Fights Continue During Summer Series 2014
Newport Beach, Calif. (April 23, 2014) – Previously scheduled as a highly anticipated light heavyweight feature fight, Mike Mucitelli and Liam McGeary’s fight will now be a Bellator Summer Series Tournament Opening Round fight from Atlantic City’s Revel on Friday, May 2nd. The event will also feature the Bellator Bantamweight World Title Fight and the Bellator Season 10 Welterweight Tournament Semifinal.
Mucitelli and McGeary both enter the cage with undefeated 6-0 professional records and are looking to make their mark in their first Bellator tournament. In a battle of fast finishers, McGeary has grabbed all of his wins by KO or submission, but will have to hold off Mucitelli, who’s recorded five first-round victories, four coming by submission.
“This is why you put in all the hours at the gym, for this type of opportunity,” McGeary said. “I’ve been away from home for a long time now, but it’s all for this chance. It’s my first tournament run, and I’m looking to get that opening round out of the way with a knockout. Mike is a tough dude, but I know what I’m capable of, and it’s going to be a really fun fight. Can’t wait.”
“I couldn’t be more excited to be part of the Bellator tournament,” Mucitelli said. “McGeary is a great opponent for me and I am going to make a big statement in this fight. I am ready to show the world what I can do and the fans at Revel should expect an all-out war.”
The event will broadcast live at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. CST on Spike TV. The preliminary card will be streamed live and free on Spike.com beginning at 7 p.m. EST/ 6 p.m. CST. Tickets for the event are on sale now and can be purchased on Ticketmaster.com and Bellator.com.
The remaining light heavyweight opening round fights will continue during the 2014 summer series.
- Bellator Bantamweight World Title Fight: Eduardo Dantas (16-3) vs. Joe Warren (10-3)
- Bellator Welterweight Tournament Semifinals: Andrey Koreshkov (15-1) vs. Sam Oropeza (11-2)
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Opening Round: Liam McGeary (6-0) vs. Mike Mucitelli (6-0)
- Bantamweight Feature Fight: Marcos Galvao (15-6-1) vs. Thomas Vasquez (7-0)
- Welterweight Feature Fight: Gemiyale Adkins (8-6) vs. Dante Rivera (15-7)
- Middleweight Feature Fight: Jesus Martinez (8-5) vs. Ryan Contaldi (7-7)
- Middleweight Feature Fight: Tim Woods (6-4) vs. Eugene Fadiora (13-1)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Joe Pingitore (4-1-1) vs. Darrion Caldwell (4-0)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Jay Haas (11-13) vs. Lester Caslow (11-9)
- Catchweight Feature Fight (151lbs): Julian Lane (6-3-1) vs. Anthony Morrison (18-10)
- Lightweight Feature Fight: Mike Bannon (5-1) vs. Sidney Outlaw (2-0)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Amran Aliyev (3-2) vs. Kevin Roddy (13-15-1)
For more information, visit Bellator.com, follow Bellator on Twitter @BellatorMMA, follow Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney @BjornRebney and check out Bellator on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BellatorMMA